- testing in compliance with DIN EN 62446 (VDE 0126-23)
- easy – operation by means of keys
- quick – testing within seconds
- safe – safe measurement connection, even if the photovoltaic system is delivering energy
Before commissioning a photovoltaic system, it must be tested and documented. This is to ensure safe technical operation and that it complies with national standards.
Also, after doing cleaning and maintenance work, electrical measurements are useful to ensure an optimum functioning PV system with low losses.
The test includes:
- Continuity testing of earth connections
- Measurement of the open-circuit voltage
- Short-circuit current
- Insulating resistance measurement between active conductors (+/-) and earth
The BENNING PV 1-1+ is provided with contact-protected PV measuring leads for direct connection to all PV modules/ strings by means of standardized PV connectors, such as MC4 and Sunclix connectors. The automatic testing procedure gives a warning in case of wrong DC polarity and automatically performs all necessary steps for a safe measurement.
The BENNING PV 1-1+ is recommended for daily use by service, cleaning and maintenance teams as well as for solar panel installers and authorized experts for photovoltaics.